This week I got my first in class experience with Reader's Theater and I absolutely loved it! There were 3 separate groups and each group read through the story with their part twice. The first time was just to get an idea of what the story was. The second time we asked them to read it with a lot of expression. I was blown away at how excited and well they read their parts.
I think the most rewarding part of this activity was that I was able to see students that have been struggling with literacy put in a lot of effort for their part and see how excited they were about reading!

Reader's Theatre is such an amazing program! It is amazing to watch the students come out of their shells and find the joy of reading. It is inspiring that your struggling readers were able to shine. Thank you for the resource! I can't wait to use some of these with my students. It is amazing what students can achieve when they are inspired and can have fun with learning! Way to go inspiring these kids!
ReplyDelete