Sunday, November 3, 2013

Recreating "The Scream"

Every Thursday afternoon my 3rd grade dyad class does art. This is at a parent coop school so there are 3 parents helping assist the students and one parent leads the lesson. While I love the idea of having art every week and a part of the weekly schedule, I haven't always been impressed with the activities they have done. One activity was a lot of copying exactly what the parent leading the lesson was doing and I felt this left little room for individuality in the project.

This week though, they did an art project that I loved! The leading parent showed them the famous painting by Edvard Munch titled, "The Scream." Next, she took them step by step but allowing a lot more freedom with how the final project turned out. After the students "scream face" was drawn and colored, the students used water colors and a straw to blow the hair so it would look like it stuck straight up. 

All of them turned out so great and so different from the others.

                                   
                         
                                   
                                   
                                   

 

No comments:

Post a Comment